How to Deliver A Great TED Talk: Presentation Secrets of the World's Best Speakers
“World-class speaking tips that you can start using today” – Michael Davis
“Great, practical tips to help you become an outstanding speaker” – Cath Daley
100+ super-specific tactics to help you master the art of public speaking
This is a 206-page guide jam-packed with over 100 proven techniques and tools to help you deliver outstanding presentations. Discover how to:
- Utilize the ABC-C speech structure for powerful presentations
- Bring your stories to life
- Use analogies, metaphors and similes
- Turn your stories into mental movies
- Add internal credibility to your presentation
- Build an emotional connection with your audience
TED Talks Storytelling
“Every speaker can put these ideas into practice immediately — and they should!” – Dr. Richard C. Harris, Certified World Class Speaking Coach
“Superb communication advice” – Larry Nocella
Discover the storytelling secrets of the best speakers
In this short but powerful guide, you’re going to learn how to use stories to make your presentations engaging and entertaining. Using case studies drawn from TED talks by Sir Ken Robinson, Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor, Susan Cain, Leslie Morgan Steiner, Mike Rowe and Malcom Gladwell, you’ll learn how to craft stories that keep your audience mesmerized.
By the time you’ve finished reading this storytelling manifesto, you will have picked up twenty-three principles on how to create stories that keep your audiences mesmerized.
How To Design TED-Worthy Presentation Slides
“I have been teaching workshops at universities and Fortune 500 Campuses up and down the East Coast on building better presentations. Akash hits all the right notes in this book. A must-read for anyone wanting to build powerful presentations.” – David Bishop
“Right on the mark. Just what I was looking for as a non-designer.” – Erik J. Zettelmayer
Learn how to breathe life into your slides, instead of draining it out of your audience
Here’s just a taste of what you’ll learn inside the book:
- The one principle that will make you better than 90% of most speakers
- How to quickly create a presentation storyboard
- Bill Gates’ trick for transforming his slides from dull to dashing
- The Seth Godin presentation formula
- Displaying data without being dull
- Ensuring consistency between slides
Storytelling Techniques for Electrifying Presentations
“Practical and useful…Storytelling is one of the most important parts of speaking. This book makes it clear how to do it, when and where.” ~ Judith Field
“A must-read! Akash Karia outlines tips for energizing not only your speech, but also the audience.” ~ Angela Avery
Stories have the power to captivate listeners and ignite their imaginations. Great speakers know how to use stories to enthrall and influence their audiences. This book is the result of six years of intensive research on the art of storytelling and public speaking.
Inside, you will discover how to:
- Create an opening that instantly hooks your audience into your speech.
- Keep your audiences captivated with a story.
- Use the suspended story formula to ramp up the intrigue.
- Keep your audience spellbound by increasing the intensity of your conflicts.
- Add organic humor to any presentation
Emotional Habits: The 7 Things Resilient People Do Differently
“A quick read that can have immediate and long term benefits. The exercises in chapter two are really good. The advice in chapters 3 and 4 is spot on. I’m going to share it with my three sons.” ~ Phil Barth
“A great book if you’re looking to master your emotions, become more resilient, flexible, and ultimately successful.” ~ M. Sean Marshall
Build your grit and resilience
In this book, you will discover the 7 things resilient people do differently…and how to apply them in your own life so that you can:
- Persevere through adversity.
- Break negative emotional patterns
- Instantly shift your emotional state using the power of physiology
- Create greater drive and ambition by mastering the use of self-directed questions.
- Supercharge your energy levels
Using the 7 habits of resilient people discussed in this book, you will be able to handle the vulnerabilities of intimate relationships, the risks and failures of business and the ups and downs of life.
How Successful People Think Differently
“This book is packed with really wonderful mind sets, reframes, and psychology tips, all backed with references and real science. This is like the “best of the best” self help tips.” ~ Tim Brennan, Author of 1001 Chess Tactics
“…incredibly useful book filled with scientifically backed advice on how to successfully reach your goals.” ~ Ryan Berd
Quick, science-backed hacks to achieve your goals
This short and practical guide will inspire you to rethink how you set and achieve your goals. In it, you will discover:
- Why successful people say “I don’t” instead of “I can’t”
- The “if-then” strategy that triples your chances of achieving success
- The wrong (and the right) way to visualize your goals (this alone will be worth the price of the book!)
Ready, Set...Procrastinate! 23 Techniques to Stop Procrastinating, Get More Done & Achieve Your Biggest Goals
“You could read 10 books to get these ideas or just this one book.” ~ Chris Maddock
“I am one of the biggest procrastinators so I had to download this book. It has helped me tons and I recommend it for anyone [who] suffers from procrastination.” ~ Steven Dana Scobey
Science-backed tactics to beat procrastination, generate momentum and get more done
Do you ever struggle to get things done? What if you could stop procrastinating and achieve your biggest goals faster than you ever imagined? Packed with twenty-three tools on how to stop procrastinating, get motivated and get more done in less time, Ready, Set…Procrastinate! will prove to be an indispensable resource for those who want to get the most out of life. In it, you will learn how to:
- Tackle any task using the solar flaring technique.
- Complete large, complex tasks using the Lego block technique.
- Instantly increase your motivation using two simple words.
- Create positive new habits using the Seinfeld calendar.
- Instantly eliminate disguised procrastination using the Pareto principle.
- Dramatically cut how much time you waste online.
- Use implementation-intentions to increase your success rate by 300%.
The Habit Project: 9 Steps to Build Habits that Stick
Discover the Scientific Way to Build Habits
“Within a few pages, I already had some simple ideas to easily implement into my life.” ~ C. Wrightson
“One of the best books I’ve read in a long time…” ~ Hyrum
Whether you want to exercise more, eat healthier, read more or take control of your finances – the key lies in understanding and utilizing the science of habit formation. If you can make desired behaviours automatic – then you can change your business, your relationship and your life. Filled with practical, actionable tools based on science, this book shows you how to:
- Kick-start personal change using small habits
- Keep yourself motivated using big-picture thinking (based on research at Ohio State University).
- Hack your psychology and set yourself up for success by becoming a realistic optimist.
- Use an if-then strategy to triple your chances of success (based on research by Peter Gollwitzer).